Wednesday, November 2, 2011

ATTACK OF NERVES

 Got my partially-shaved-head haircut...
 got my bird-claw-holding-a-stone talisman von Berlin...
 got my vambraces...
got my poorly-photographed raccoon tail from Chinatown... but...

I've been reading The Portable Chekhov before bed recently, and last night I came across this passage in his short story "An Attack of Nerves": 

"'How unskillfully they sell themselves!' he thought. 'How can they fail to understand that vice is only alluring when it is beautiful and hidden, when it wears the mask of virtue? Modest black dresses, pale faces, mournful smiles, and darkness would be far more effective than this clumsy tinsel. Stupid things!'"

Fashion advice from Chekov (though admittedly he was referring to prostitutes here...)? Why not? Maybe I'd be well-advised to apply it.

P.S.: You ought to watch this. This man is living the life: http://stylelikeu.com/closets/carter-emmart/



No comments:

Post a Comment