Wednesday, January 19, 2011

lust

I'm sure I'm not alone in compiling images of things I want to buy, and then looking at them obsessively. Somehow when I finally get the stuff it hardly ever seems as fantastic as it did when I was looking at images of it longingly or waiting for it to arrive in the post. That mentality can be applied to almost everything in my life. I want it, I want it, I can't live without it, and then I get/achieve it and I'm like, okay, what's next? There is probably a name for that weird mental syndrome of always wanting what you haven't got.
At the moment, here are the top three tangible things I'm convinced will complete my life:

A Tornister's backpack from WWII. It's made of pony fur and has the name of the soldier who used it sewn onto one of the straps. It is probably totally haunted.


A wallet from the Japanese brand Macromuro. It's made of vinyl and leather and each one is handpainted. I love it irrationally.

Dragon leggings by Bernhard Willhelm. The crotch area looks sort of funny, but I think if you wore it with a tunic-y sort of shirt it'd look rad as hell. 

So cool to have gotten that lameness off my chest. Materialism sucks but it's simultaneously so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment